Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bedtime

Some common pregnancy ailments have paid me a visit the last week or so. I'll save you the unsavory details, but it's certainly made for an interesting nightly ritual. I've had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for the past 4 or 5 years, and have been able to keep it under control, but pregnancy has really kicked it into overdrive. And with my pillow that props me up like a window display (however comfortable it may be), getting ready for bed has become quite an event...

After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I take a handful of multivitamins and wash them down with a Pepcid. Then I don my wrist braces and curl up in my curly pregnancy pillow and wait for Nick to get into bed.

Even though I feel about as attractive as a rock, my favorite part of the night is when Nick sits next to his propped-up wife and reads to our son. Currently he's reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and we'll move on to The Hobbit in a few days. This is also Baby D's favorite time of night. It is obvious that he knows his Daddy's voice because he starts jumping all around as soon as Nick starts reading. He doesn't stop kicking and punching until the end of the chapter when we all curl up and fall asleep. I love it!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

well, this sounds like a healthy and FUN ritual! i'm so sorry to hear about the wrist, though. that is no fun. you continue to be in my prayers as you navigate these last couple months...can you believe you get to meet your son in 2 months!? how exciting! oh and some exciting news for my family--my little brother and his wife just told me yesterday they are expecting their first baby at thanksgiving! i have to keep it a secret, though, from my parents who are visiting them at the end of may! so fun! have a great day! looking forward to your shower!