Thursday, April 24, 2008

30 Weeks

Only 10 weeks to go now! I can't believe I'm this far along already! Time hasn't slowed down yet, even though everyone is warning me it will...Baby D is now the size of a jicama...however big that is! (Actually, that means he's about 3.75 pounds and 16 in. long!)
I'm getting pretty round, too! For the first time on Saturday, I had a person assume I was pregnant and was sure enough to make a comment! It was a cute Jamaican man at North Market and he said to Nick and I, "Ahhhh! When is the happy occasion!?," while motioning to my belly. I'm REALLY surprised it hadn't happened earlier! I had heard so many horror stories of strangers approaching women (pregnant or not) and asking when they are due, or ones where people grab women's bellies. Thus far, everyone has been very respectful and kind, and more excited than anything! But, am I really going to be offended if someone assumes I'm pregnant! I AM! :)

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Go go go! Ten weeks to go!

Rebecca said...

I saw a jicama at Meijer tonight... it must have been a small one because it looked alot smaller than your previous vegetable baby status (head of Chinese lettuce). Apparently, a jicama is a type of Mexican potato that you can slice and eat raw, like carrot sticks.

Nick said...

We saw one at Kroger tonight, too! It was a good point of reference. Heavier than I thought...