Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bag 7: Skip Hop's Dash Deluxe

Overview:
Skip Hop is my kind of online store design, simple and practical. They have tons of diaper bags in straightforward design and colors, but are also adding baby bedding and accessories. You can also order very easily off their website, which is not very common for these types of stores! This bag is the Dash Deluxe, which is a messenger-style, in the "ocean stripe" print. It can be worn across the chest or over the shoulder, and comes with stroller clips and a changing pad. It is made from poly-canvas and the size is 12.25" wide x 11.5" high x 4.25" gusset.


First Impressions:
Cute stripes! The bag is made from a heavy-duty canvas that makes the design/colors look a bit dull, but it definitely would be durable. The inside is also canvas, with one large opening and 5 side pockets. The outside boasts two bottle pockets and two front ones, with a zippered mommy pocket with key fob, and a back changing pad pocket (with included pad). This is one of Skip Hop's smaller bags, not as small as their standard "Dash," but not as big as their "Duo." I think it may be too small as a main bag.

Second Glance:
This bag screams practical, and has double stitching and reinforced seams all over the place. Their clips and strap look like they would never wear out or break, as well as the fabric! The bag also comes with attached stroller straps, which are also super-durable! Once again, I think the size is an issue, though that's more my fault than theirs, because they offer larger ones.


Conclusion:
I think I could definitely be happy with this bag, although it lacks the little feminine flairs of the others I've looked at. It satisfies the practical side of me, though! And it would definitely last forever! I think others might rank a bit higher, though, and I would love to see their larger bags!

4 comments:

Greg said...

Katelyn has always referred to me as a giraffe so my vote is totally for the giraffe bag. It's got real pieces of giraffe in it, that's how you know it's good.

Rebecca said...

Okay, Greg, is that the percocet talking, or is that you?

Katelyn said...

Oh, it's Greg talking...with an Anchorman reference "It's made with real bits of panther. So you know it's good." An all time favorite of his. We should all watch it sometime..perhaps April when Nick and Beth are in town?

Nick said...

I'd love to watch that again! I haven't watched it in a while, since my copy is missing.