Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bag 6: Ju-Ju-Be Be Smart

Overview:
Ju-Ju-Be is a great diaper bag company, introduced to me by my good friend and mother of sweet Maddie, Kim. She has the "Be All" bag in "blue bouquet," and it's a truly amazing bag. She has used it for 6 months now and loves it! It's that bag that opened my eyes to the world of fashionable diaper bags! I already love the "Be All," so I thought I would take a look at a different Ju-Ju-Be style, the "Be Smart" in "lush paisley." This is my only bag choice that has shorter purse-like straps. It comes with the large diaper bag, and a separate removable one for quick changes. It also has a mommy pocket and measures 12" high x 13" wide x 6" gusset.


First Impressions:
I love the pattern on this bag- it's beautiful. For that matter, I really love all of Ju-Ju-Be's pattern/color choices! The shape of this bag is different than the others I tried - this is more like a purse than anything. It's also smaller than I thought it would be with less storage. I do like the placement of the pockets- the bottle pocket is on the inside, along with two mesh pockets and a large zipper one. I also adore the removable changing pocket and changing pad - I'm sure that makes for quick change runs!

Second Glance:
This is made from the most diaper-bag-like fabric, but I really don't mind it because it's so cute! I also love the shiny lime green interior fabric! It's small, though- Ju-Ju-Be doesn't mean for this to be your only diaper bag, I don't think. I also noticed it has a great mommy pocket with an attached key fob, a zipper pocket and sunglasses holder! Way cute and SO practical! The zipper that closes the large main pocket might get a bit annoying. There's no real way to close it with one hand- the ends of the zipper are on tabs, so you can open the pocket wider (which is nice) but it might make for some annoying moves.


Conclusion:
I love pretty much everything about this bag! Besides the zipper thing (which I'm sure I could get used to), I think this is just great! I'm worried about the size though, and might keep this on hand or in mind for a second bag, should I need it.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the colors on this one! How fun!

Kimberlee said...

this print is GREAT and sooo you, beth. i can definitely vouch for ju-ju-be bags. they are fabulous...clearly designed by moms :) i love my bag and honestly can't name one thing i'd change about it, which is saying a lot for an idealist like myself. i agree, though, that there will be times when you want a bag slightly bigger than this one. and you'll also want a bag with straps that have the option of going across your chest for moments when your kiddo needs both of your hands (and a third if you could just spontaneously sprout one). but in the spirit of bag obsession, keep it and get another one as well!

Anonymous said...

related post
http://katarashop.blogspot.com/2009/06/ju-ju-be-packabe.html

best regard
katarashop