Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby vs. Pooch

When talking about our little pooch, Maeby Ray, in relation to Baby D, usually I caveat like crazy: "I know she's just a dog," "I hate comparing my dog to a/your child," etc..., but the truth is, getting her was one of the best pre-baby decisions we made! We knew that making the transition from a young professional, independent couple to parents was going to be rough on us, so we made the very conscious decision to get her when we did (I'll provide a visual, just in case you forgot how adorable she was!!!!):

And, even though she is now bigger and smellier and tests us daily, we think she turned out pretty well! Hopefully this is an example of what's to come! And, don't be all offended that I'm comparing my dog to my baby! If Baby D is half as well behaved as Maeby, we've got it made!!!

3 comments:

amandyanderson said...

awww! She was so cute as a puppy!! I can't really imagine her that small though...crazy :) yes you did an excellent job raising her. She's one of the few dogs I like a lot :).

The Heddens said...

you compare your child's size to an unpopular vegetable, his behavior to a dog, what is next?!! :)

we figured out how to get the ultrasound up on the blog--check it out!

Mandi said...

i will not be offended because i do the same thing all the time. i even find myself accidentally doing it talking with other people about their children...it just pops out and i'm so embarassed because it's one thing to compare my boy to my dog, but not other people's kids, i guess. and, ezra needs to turn out to be a lot better than roxi. that's not a tall order. roxi is a freak. totally our fault. so far, he's better...we'll see, though.;-)