Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sleep like a baby

I'm into my Third Trimeseter now - the home stretch, and the 14 weeks that supposedly feels like a lifetime. I'm still feeling great, and don't have too many complaints thus far. I know, I know..."Just wait!" and "You have no idea!" and "Give it a month or so, and you'll be complaining!" I've gotten all the knowing smiles and heard all the wise warnings. I'm not being naive, but I am going to celebrate getting this far without a hormonal breakdown, excruciating pains, sleepless nights and weird cravings. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I do have to give some credit where it's due, however! Nick bought me this pregnancy Body Support Pillow for my birthday after a few week string of restless sleep. A lot of books and magazines will tell pregnant women that they need a lot more support when they lay down, and recommend them to lay mostly on their sides (their LEFT side, to be precise...and I'm not joking...). There are diagrams of the placement of various pillows and support systems to keep you in this position for a few hour stretch at a time (before you're heading to the bathroom, that is!). I was just not that keen on using that many pillows to sleep, so this ingenious pillow was a great find! The cool thing about this is that you can zip out the little connector pad so it's one continuous tube and use it for sleeping, either facing the tube or away from it, like this:Then, when Baby D is born, you zip the connector back up and can use it as an infant "seat"or cradle, unroll it a bit more to support a baby that's learning to sit up, or even more to support a toddler playing with toys. Then you're ready to start the process all over again! (I have an urge to sing The Lion King's "Circle of Life"...)
All in all, it's a pretty sweet pillow! It has helped me sleep more comfortably, and sleep for longer stretches of time, too! And that's ALWAYS good...more so for people around me the next day!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This was a great buy!
I had a similar pillow that I couldn't sleep without towards the end.

Katelyn said...

That pillow looks like it would be comfy for anyone to sleep with!

Greg said...

That has future Maeby bed written all over it...

Beth said...

Greg- you're totally right! And, with the price of dog beds nowadays, that would be a GREAT deal!!!!

Mandi said...

yeah...i took my pillow with me whenever we visited family or overnight anywhere. i could not sleep without it. i was so sore under my belly and my hips hurt if i didn't have something between my knees. so glad to hear you got one of these. it is so cool!

Thursday said...

Now that is the niftiest-looking pillow I've ever seen.

berlin-ruth said...

Good pillow! In Germany we use that long part after the baby is born while nursing (?) the little one. It was very comfortabel for Emmy and me!