Monday, October 17, 2005

Glorious Fall!

I love fall. I just LOVE it. Yesterday I spent the most glorious fall day cooking and listening to good music. We had the doors and windows open and it was the most perfect 65 degrees out with an unbelievably blue sky complete with puffy clouds and bright colored trees. It was great.

Saturday night Marcia, Chip, Nick and I went to Lynd's Fruit farm just northeast of Columbus. (http://www.lyndfruitfarm.com/) We picked apples (Roughly 40 lbs.) and went on a hay ride and ate kettle corn...truly idyllic.

So, I had A LOT Of apples on my hands yesterday. I used about half of them and made applesauce. Of course the whole house smelled of Vietnamese Extra Fancy Cinnamon (from Penzey's Spices, naturally) and apples. But, I couldn't just make ONE thing at a time. I also put together 75 burritos to freeze for easy meals during the winter. It was great fun. And, the whole time, I just blared a delightful mix of Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs, Garden State, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind songs. (I tend to like my music far louder than my male counterpart...so it helped that he was at rehearsal.)

The whole day reminded me how beautiful God's creation truly is...and how beauty can truly be seen in its purest form in the most simple things. I think Autumn emphasizes this the most- the colors seem clearer, the foods taste fresher, the air is sharper. I hope everyone is having as beautiful a fall as we seem to be having! And I hope that you're getting a few moments to enjoy it!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Amen, Amen. I completely agree. You forgot to mention, though, that Football is going too, that's another big plus about fall (which is hands down my favorite season).

Karl Boettcher said...

I used to be a big winter fan, but the crippling cold of the somewhat more north has changed that for me. Also, I think I as age I grow more appreciative of fall. It always makes me nostalgic.

Jessie said...

Fall and applesauce are the best.