Monday, April 07, 2008

Everybody to the Limit!

I'm not used to physical limitations; I've always been pretty healthy and strong and never really thought much about "taking it easy." I have rarely found something that I cannot do because I am physically unable to do it.

Well, I think I hit that physical exertion wall this past week - on Friday I spent most of the day on my feet, registering at a Columbus baby boutique called Fireflies and Fairy Tales (super cute!) with Caitlin in the morning and then pouring and packing candles like a crazy person in the afternoon. Friday night I was hurtin', all creaky and back-achey. It was weird, but I guess it was bound to happen! I'm glad I made it 70% through my pregnancy before feeling this way! And now I know to NOT stand for 12 hours in a row! Funny thing, that! But I'm still sleeping pretty well (thanks to my AWESOME pillow!), and feeling overall great. My only cravings continue to be Chicken Pot Pie and Fruit, so nothing too weird yet.

In Baby D news, our little man is the size of a head of Chinese Lettuce, roughly 15" long and 2.5 lbs. He is moving all around a lot, and is most active when Nick reads to him at night...he knows his Daddy's voice! His movements during the day are enough so that you can see them by looking at my belly, which is hilarious!

5 comments:

Mike said...

(this is Lisa posting on Mike's account - I didn't realize it was his until after I started writing and I'm too lazy to retype it all!)
You've had such a great pregnancy, Beth and I'm so happy for you! I found that the third trimester slowed me down a bit too, especially the last month. Just think, you're getting closer and closer every day. We cannot wait to meet Baby D! We're ready to finally be an uncle and aunt!

amandyanderson said...

Ah! you can see him moving!! That is SO cool! :) and kind of weird...

amandyanderson said...

OH and I wanted to comment on the "everybody to the limit" title :) I'm not exactly sure what I wanted to say, but just acknowledge it :) the cheat is too the limit.

Rebecca said...

Where's the website where you find the fruit/vegetable comparisons? I want to see it!

Beth said...

Yeah- I love that site: it's babycenter.com. I also have found ivillage.com to be sorta helpful, although their site is uber confusing!