Monday, March 10, 2008

Diaper Bag Obsession

In my defense, my tendency towards obsessive-compulsion has not reared its ugly head since I've been pregnant, which has been nothing short of a miracle. With all the baby stuff on the market right now, and companies expertly guilting already-nervous first-time expectant mothers into buying anything and everything for their baby, the air is RIPE for obsession!

But, Thank God (quite literally), I have not succumb to these pressures. Nick and I have bought a few things, mostly because they were on sale, and were what we wanted (thank you, consumer reports!!!).

However...I now need to choose a diaper bag.

I scoured the internets for weeks on every site I could find. I tried to narrow it down. I tried to find stores in the area that carried the ones I was looking at. I tried to stop looking for a while. I tried to settle. I tried to decide. All to no avail.

So I ordered 7.

But, before you freak out, I will be returning 6 of them! They will be arriving over the next week or so, and my trusty in-house Bag Expert, Karl, will be helping me rate them! I look to you, gentle readers, to help me rate each bag as well!

My criteria are as follows:
1. The bag must not scream "I AM A DIAPER BAG!"
2. It must be less than 16" wide, but be big enough to hold a bunch of stuff.
3. It should be able to double as both my purse and a diaper bag or have a pocket/addition to facilitate "mommy stuff." (I'm not about to carry a purse AND a diaper bag all the time...and Nick will have his own baby bag!)
4. It must fit me and my style, and not look out of place hanging off my shoulder.
5. It must be durable. (This will in NO WAY be the last diaper bag I buy, but I like to go for quality and durability in everything I own.)

Check back for the reviews, and please be sure to add comments, positive or negative, to the posts! I crave feedback! Enjoy!

1 comment:

amandyanderson said...

best part of this post:

"so I ordered 7."

hahaha!!