Friday, February 15, 2008

The Latest on Baby D!

Yesterday Beth and I got a special Valentine's Day gift by way of the 20-week ultrasound pictures of Baby D. The doctor spent some time checking and highlighting thigh bones, fingers, kidneys, stomach, heart, spine, and head ("Although we can't tell if he's a Republican or Democrat!" he joked).

Baby D was kicking and moving. He wasn't as much of an exhibitionist as he was last time, but the doc confirmed that Baby D is, in fact, a Baby He.


We're both at the tail end of colds we picked up last week, especially Beth. Her cold ended with a wicked cough that actually hurt her back. We'd appreciate any thoughts and prayers for healing!

The doc wants us back in a month for another ultrasound, and next week Friday we have an echocardiogram at Children's Hospital. No worries about that - we're just double-checking the baby's heart for the slim chance of any defect. Doesn't hurt to check!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

How AWEsome. Whenever I see these photos it makes me think of the Psalmist and his awe as he reflects on the fact that, "...You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and WONDERFULLY made..." (Ps. 139: 13-14). Baby D is truly fearfully and wonderfully made!

Thursday said...

Beth, my pregnant co-worker (who greatly appreciated the Bella Bands link I was able to give her thanks to you) injured her ribs with one of those hard coughs. So apparently it isn't uncommon, as two people I know out of the 6 million in the world have experienced similar pregnancy injuries. I hope there won't be any more such colds in your future...at least not until you can take stronger medicine than they recommend for now!

Thursday said...

And I actually meant "billion," as the world can't fit into NYC. No matter how hard it tries.

Beth said...

Suzanne, that's good to know! I read that bones and muscles can be more sensitive when you're preggers; I just didn't think it would be this pronounced! I feel like an old woman!!!