Wednesday, February 20, 2008

He's Alive...ALIVE!!!

I felt Baby D move for the first time last night, and was able to catch it so that Nick could actually feel it too. It was wild! My reaction was "Holy Crap! He's MOVING!" I felt it when I was laying on my back in bed; it felt like a little flutter, kinda like (for the Meyer fam) those skates in the surf in North Carolina. All fluttery and soft.

I thought I would only be able to feel him at night at first, or when I was sitting or laying down, but he was jumping around all day! Maybe we have a little soccer player on our hands! Or, he could be acting out a scene from Hamlet. Whatever. No pressure.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Just wait until your whole stomach starts to move when the baby kicks. I can remember sitting in church and watching this wave move across my stomach -- it was crazy. Pretty soon you can also try the flashlight trick (do you know that one?). That's a fun way to watch baby move too!

Kurt said...

YAY!!! Isn't that the greatest! Lots of prayers and love coming to you from the great NW... ahhh, what's so great about it?!?! Wild Goose Creative doesn't live here. That's it, we're moving to Columbus.

Just kidding. Love you guys and keep the posts coming! I can't wait to meet Baby-D!

Mandi said...

oh, so wonderful! you know, everyone tries to explain to you what it will feel like, but until you experience it for yourself, you really can't get it...i found that applied to a lot that had to do with pregnancy and child birth! yeah, i think ezra had a crack dealer in my belly with him...near the end, michael could watch him doing the conga from across the room. if we had friends over, they would see him start moving and people would get freaked out! so hilarious! and just plain AWESOME!