Thursday, February 28, 2008

Barefoot and pregnant...

...in the living room. Well, two out of three isn't bad.

We've gotten some requests for pictures of Beth lately, so we thought we'd oblige. Beth has gotten more maternity clothes, and you can see that she's starting to show a little bit. Our little guy weighs just over a pound now, and he's kicking and pushing for his space.

As a guy going through the pregnancy process for the first time, the whole realm of maternity clothes is kinda fascinating. There are all sorts of cool shirts, blouses, and pants available for pregnant women, and many of them are meant to grow with her as the baby grows. It's a little intimidating, but I'll be honest... I think maternity clothes are some of the most adorable ever made. I mean, look at the picture! Isn't she cute?

Now, if I can just get her to stand in the kitchen...

4 comments:

Mandi said...

i'm sure she wouldn't mind just standing in the kitchen, it's all those other activities that are supposed to take place in there! i'm sure she would be perfectly happy making chocolate-covered strawberries in there!

beth, you do look great! maternity clothes are fun and, i never thought i would say this, but the pants are even great to wear after you get back to pre-baby weight! they're just too darn comfortable...ok, i admit it...i'm wearing a pair as i type this! you got it out of me...

nick, sounds like you're really into maternity clothes...they do make maternity pants in talls...you may try them yourself...you might be pleasantly surprised!

Kimberlee said...

mandi, your comment reminds me of an episode of friends (ok, everything in life reminds me of an episode of friends!) it's thanksgiving and joey has been challenged to eat the entire turkey. he finally disappears for a bit and comes back in wearing a pair of phoebe's maternity pants. she confronts him and says that those are her maternity pants and he says "no way...these are joey's thanksgiving pants!"

anyway :)

beth, you look adorable! nick, i totally agree that few images are as heartwarming and tender as a pregnant woman. so fun!

Unknown said...

Very cute.
I'm glad you enjoying the comfort of maternity clothes. I do miss them!

Thursday said...

Maternity clothes are certainly a lot cuter now than I remember them being in, say, the 1980's. (But I didn't like many clothes from that era, anyway...she said as though she were a fashion maven during her first decade.) I have a co-worker who is pregnant now and at about the same stage as Beth, and I have sometimes thought, "Hey, I'd wear that...."

But then maybe someone would recognize it as a maternity shirt and I'd run the risk of total strangers thinking they had the right to put their hands on my stomach. So I guess I'll skip the maternity section still.

And yes, Beth, you do look great. :)