Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Invisible Watch

First off, I have NEVER worn a watch. I have many, and receive them as gifts all the time, but I have NEVER worn one for more than one or two days at a time. They bug the crap out of me. Even the hot ones. But, I have recently discovered a new idiosynchratic behavior of mine that makes no sense when compared to the fact that I do not wear a watch:

Every time I give someone the time, or when telling someone the time somthing will be happening, or when we have to be somewhere, I bend my left wrist as if sticking out my imaginary watch. Sometimes I even tap my wrist! I kid you not- it's like I am subconciously punctuating the idea that "Yes, I am giving you the time, but- no - no, I don't have a watch to prove it." It's the weirdest thing.

I'm telling you, next time you see me, ask me the time! I'll show you my invisible watch!

3 comments:

Karl Boettcher said...

Hmmmmm......That's a little crazy. Sounds like fun.

Thursday said...

I refer to my invisible watch frequently (I have real watches, and I don't really have a problem with them, but I forget to wear them). Does your invisible watch also have a calendar and a decision-maker? Because mine does. (E.g. "I should probably get to that...[check invisible watch]...oh, around May 4.")

Unknown said...

I'm having a good laugh over here. Thanks.