Sunday, February 05, 2006

Steelers Day '06 (I mean... Super Bowl XL)



So we're writing this as we're camped out at home with my brother Chip wading our way through four hours of Super Bowl pre-game. This is a very special day, as the Pittsburgh Steelers haven't been to the Bowl since 1995. And they're led by their 23-year-old quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger.



We wanted to make this a special day for Chip since he couldn't be home with his dad watching the game. As you can see by the pictures, we've got all the appropriate clothing, gear, and Big Ben's beef jerky. Not to mention a giant cookie with a special note to the Steelers from Chip.



Chip's prediction: Steelers: 34 Seahawks: 20.

Beth's prediction: Seahawks: 0 Steelers: Delicious.

Nick's predication: Steelers: Tuesday Seahawks: Jeff.

4 comments:

Karl Boettcher said...

I wonder what odd the bookmakers were giving on Nick's prediction.

Nick said...

I checked with my bookie, and the odds were actually Ketchup to Sponge Bath. Very good odds. Wish I had laid some money on it.

Morgan said...

You know, I realize the Steelers haven't been to the super bowl since 1995, but does that really make this momentous? The Seahawks have never been, and the Bears haven't been since 85. There are other reasons this super bowl was momentous. Because the Rolling Stones managed to play three complete songs singing and playing only three notes per song. Amazing.

Beth said...

Who said this was momentous? I don't particularly care, other than the fact that my lil' bro has been a rabid Steelers fan since the day he was born- we were more just thrilled for him, than anything.

I have to say I was more impressed at the stage crew putting together that incredible stage in a mere minutes at halftime! And, the lack of tonal variety in the halftime show was truly a feat.