Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Is it just me...

Ok...I might be totally off-base, but you know when you're on someone else's computer, and you hit that little arrow button next to the website address in Explorer (or Safari), and a list of recently viewed and typed-in webpages drops down? Does anyone else think that this is a good insight into the type of person that uses that computer? I use the quote often that "Character is who you are when you're alone," and I liken it to the same thing... I mean, for those of us who are the sole users of our computers, they start to resemble more of us everyday, don't they?

I know it's basically snooping, but try clicking on that little arrow button on a foreign computer...it tells you a lot about the person (or people) that use that computer.

I think I just totally encouraged you to tresspass. Awesome.

4 comments:

Karl Boettcher said...

I want to comment.

Beth said...

Hart...what are you looking at online that would reveal compromising details about your character?!?! Ok...don't answer...I don't want to know...

Thursday said...

Hm. My recently visited sites seem very boring, considering they are supposed to sum up my interests and all that. I would recommend that if you are ever alone with my computer, you should check my favorites list instead. It makes me look...well, yes, very nerdy, but more interesting than my recently visited sites, which include such pages as www.aaa.com and www.mcafee.com, and this is a really long sentence with lots of commas and not much of a point, have you noticed that?

Personally, I always like looking at the books/CDs/DVDs that people own. And reading their quote books, if they are the sort of people who write quotes down into books.

Jessie said...

I only visit holy sites, so I think I'm okay.