Monday, June 29, 2009

Will first first birthday party!

Our little Pirate William is turning one on July 3rd, but my family can't come for the "real" party, so we decided to have a little one of our own at the beach.

His birthday will be a pirate theme, so we made sure to stock up on TONS of pirate goodies at the beach...after all, Blackbeard was from the Outer Banks! So, we had to have a tiny pirate costume with TWO pirate swords...

And he got a ton of tiny pirate clothes!

I ordered a cake from the island's Food Lion grocery store, and it turned out WAY better than I could have done! We put the little one-year-old friendly toys on it, and it just looked SO cute. (A big part of me hoped it was going to turn out to be a disaster, so I could submit it to Cake Wrecks, but no luck.)

Will was a bit freaked out by the 20 or so people staring at him at first, but he dove right in after a few minutes. Mmmmmm...pirates...

No comments: