Monday, November 17, 2008

Anxiety

Marcia and I headed to IKEA last week, and brought Boo along for the ride. He's getting a bit heavy to wear for 5 hours straight, so I tried putting him in the cart's child seat. I have no idea how old kids "should" be to sit in those seats, and he sits up really nice now, so we did it. It had a little belt, which helps with the side-tipping. He seemed to be very proud of himself, for a bit.



















But every time I would walk a few feet away from the cart to look at something, he got this very concerned look on his face. I imagine it was weird to face me, but not be held by me.



















He was fine for about 10 minutes, and then that little lower lip came out and he sorta freaked out. The second I picked him up he buried his head into my neck and smiled. I think we just experienced his first little anxiety attack!

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

so cute! i know the goal (or at least one of them) of raising children is to get them independent and self-sufficient, but sometimes it's just nice to feel needed, hey?

The Heddens said...

that lower lip just kills me. i hate it. it makes me so sad.. will looks like a big boy sitting up in the cart!

Lisa said...

Hey - is that one of Jake's old outfits on him? It looks familiar!

Kristin said...

great story...don't you just love it when they burrow into you?!? he is too cute!