Saturday, September 27, 2008

Moby Time!

A lot of you have either seen me wear Will in my Moby Wrap, or have heard me wax poetic about it, and for good reason! Nick and I are pretty active people and needed a good way to bring him with us to events, meetings, festivals, out to dinner, and working in the new Goose space. Our friends Kim and Kurt gave us the Moby, and it has really been amazing!


Will just loves it, and now that he's getting bigger, we can put his arms out and he can look around. When he gets tired, he just curls up and puts his little head under the fabric and falls asleep. Now some people that use it (or similar babywearing devices) say the Moby doesn't bother their backs, but after a few hours, I can certaintly feel it, but it's not terrible. It does distribute the weight across your shoulders. You can wear babies from premie - 35 pounds in it...not that you'd want to wear your 3 year old around!


Will absolutely loves it, and I do too! They are available at their website, and also on ebay and amazon. If you get one, just know that the instructions online and the ones that come with it are terrible and so confusing.....have someone who knows SHOW you how to do it. (There are also some OK YouTube videos as well.) I would be HAPPY to show you! It's not that hard once you've done it once. And it's so worth it to have a comfortable place for Will to sleep when we're on the go...which is most of the time. I am enjoying having him so close to me when I wear him...I have a feeling once he starts crawling and walking, it will be all over! :)

2 comments:

Mandi said...

boo hoo...it's true...once they are all over the place it IS all over. however, my little man has NEVER been much of a cuddler. we had a moby too. i liked all the different ways you could wear it. very convenient. we are looking forward to meeting will!

Thursday said...

I think your baby-wearing device is the cutest one I've ever seen.