Thursday, July 10, 2008

Three days and no pictures?!

I'm falling behind here! I can't believe I haven't posted more pictures in the past three days! Shame on me!

Here's Will enjoying a little bit of tummy time. Not sure what he thought of it, but he was kicking and squirming. He has long arms and legs (gee, wonder where he got those?), and they are strong! Changing a diaper is always fun, as the real trick is keeping those flailing legs out of the way.

Will has been adjusting pretty well to life at home. He's still more than a bit confused at the difference between night and day. Some nights are better than others, but his parents know that this is all part of it. He also has a voracious appetite! I'm frankly impressed at his scarfing skills (I can't wait to see how many hot dogs he can eat in one sitting... Coney Island, here we come!). He's at the feeding so frequently that Beth has begun to refer to herself as a "buffet."

Will and his daddy. I love how zonked out Will looks here.

Enjoying a nap. His shirt reads "If you think I'm cute, you should see my uncle." It was given to him by his Uncle Greg.

12 comments:

Katelyn said...

It seems like he just gets cuter by the moment! Blue is a nice color on him, too! =) And, I must add that he and Greg seem to have something in common already: they sleep with their mouths open!

Mike said...

I always liked that "baby sleeping on your chest" feeling, especially when they're so tiny. Mark how long he is when he's sleeping like that so someday you can marvel at how he used to fit there (like when he's four years old, more than three feet long, dead asleep and you carry him to bed).

Greg said...

and we probably both drool.

Rebecca said...

Dan sleeps with his mouth open, too.

Nick said...

Yeah, Mike, the baby-on-the-chest feeling is my favorite. And I've always thought back to pictures of Dad snoozing with one of us as a baby sleeping on his chest.

Mandi said...

this is just great! i can't wait to meet him. we have a little gifty for him! i hope you all are able to take some naps while he is napping. that is one thing that was so helpful to me. i know it's hard to make yourself do it because you think, "i can get so much done while he's sleeping...like catching everyone up on the blog, for instance..." but if you can at least nap during one of his naps, it's so helpful. at least it worked for me. have so much fun and don't blink because he's gonna be one quicker than you think.

michelle b said...

hey kids this is coming to you from Grammy and pop via auntie mich doing the transcribing

THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH ADJECTIVEs TO describe his cute-ness! says the grammy...or perhaps in KY terms means
HE'S A DANDY!! gorgeous and cute just like our long line of ample grandchildren! - now come on, can we make a tiny baby? is it possible to have the word "petite" in our vocab? I say not!! as far as I am concerned size does matter!! he's the greatest. I cannot wait for my Liam to see his newest boy cousin can't wait for them to share pop pop tractor stories. love you guys!! pop & grammie and aunty mich

MLE said...

Congratulations -- sorry I'm a little behind on the good wishes! That is one adorable baby and some lovely parents! I'm glad everything went well and he is safely in this world. I can't wait to watch him grow up!

The Heddens said...

We want more pics of baby Will. Come on give the people what they want!!! We want Will!!! We want Will!!! We want Will!!!!

Katelyn said...

It is so cute how he has very different facial expressions in each picture!

Nathan said...

He appears to have intelligence,

Nathan said...

... and charisma in equal portions