Monday, July 07, 2008

Man Showers!

Okay, so this isn't Will-related, but I guess there are things happening in world outside, aren't there?

A few weeks ago Beth and I posted on our blog about her baby shower and my simultaneous Wii Party. About a week and a half ago I got an e-mail from a woman who is a freelance writer, living in Columbus, who writes for the Associated Press. She said she was writing a story about man showers, and asked if I could chat with her for a few minutes. I did a couple days later, and last week her article went out and was picked up by Canadian Press, the Boston Herald, MSNBC, and several other publications. She apparently interviewed a handful of folks.

Click here for the article on MSNBC. My quotes appear about halfway into the article.

6 comments:

Greg said...

That's frickin awesome. I like the piece about someone else having a nail hammering competition...

Jessie said...

That's hilarious. If only they had been able to feature a picture of the lion...

Lisa said...

Too bad they didn't mention the bylaws. I find them to particularly crucial to understanding the true nature of a man gathering.

Nick said...

No kidding, Lisa! And I even mentioned to her that we had written a set of rules for it.

Morgan said...

Ha! I had not seen that yet. Congrats on being in major publications! And your quotes were a little better than the "dumb southern guy after a hurricane" ones.

Nathan said...

You shower with other men?