Saturday, June 07, 2008

Productivity

I have just over three weeks to go now, according to the magically infallible and super-accurate due date. Some annoying pains set in a few weeks ago, as I expected. I am forever grateful that they held off so long, however!

My main complaint is the carpal tunnel, which I have mentioned before. My hands are numb and tingly most of the time, and in burning pain the other part of the time. It's amazing how just a little fluid build up can cause such a difference. The pain and numbness wouldn't be so bad, though, if it weren't for the fact that I can't do simple little things I have taken for granted for 29 years. Well, I CAN do them, but it causes shooting pain...things like: opening water bottles, turning the steering wheel, holding pretty much anything.

The worst part is how helpless I feel, which, for anyone who has known me for three seconds knows is just unbearable at times. I just thank God every day for my wonderful husband, who has taken over the housework, the feet rubbing, and the majority of my griping, and for my friends and family, who step in to handle even the smallest tasks.

Not too much longer now. My dad keeps reminding me there's no such thing as chronic pregnancy.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry to hear you're having carpal tunnel, Beth! But I can't believe you're weeks (almost days) away from bringing home a baby!

A lot of girls in my prenatal yoga class have carpal tunnel problems that are exacerbated by pregnancy. We do stretches in every class to prevent/alleviate it.

Hang in there! You will make it through the next few weeks! Treat yourself to some swimming, it feels so good to be weightless in the water (especially in this heat).

Kurt said...

yes, i totally agree about the swimming. i loved swimming in the last few months of my pregnancy. "weightless" was not a word that would otherwise describe me, so the water was definitely my friend :) you've done such a great job staying active, beth, i'm super impressed! give yourself little things to look forward to while you wait for your baby (i got three pedicures the last month i was pregnant!) you're almost there!

kim (writing from kurt's account)

Lisa said...

I can't believe how close your due date is now! You're almost there! It will all be worth it in the end. The moment you hold your child in your arms all of the pain, suffering, and negative feelings vanish -- it's the strangest thing. There is just nothing that compares to holding your newborn. You're so close now! We're counting down the days with you!

Mandi said...

ahhhh!!! i am so excited for you! i totally feel your pain (not carpal tunnel in particular, but oh, i remember the pains and wish them on no one. i agree, they suck and it will be wonderful to get your body back and a most splendid new person as well!). oh, and i completely forgot to give you the bumbo seat! i even brought it to the shower and everything and completely left it in the trunk. can't believe it. i'm such a dumby. i will get it to you before your little will be able to start using it! on that note, we definitely want to meet your new little man when he arrives but in your own sweet time. so, please let us know when you feel comfortable having us come to see. we WON'T stay the night unless your up for some sort of awkward challenge or something, in which case we'd be willing to help out! love you!