Monday, June 12, 2006

Day 1 of Super Summer Camp

Just finished my first day working the summer camp at Lifetime Fitness. Lots of fun games, lots of child wrangling, and lots of exhaustion. But I had to share three gems:

1.) One of the kids at lunch: "I don't mean to be funny, but sometimes when I sweat, it goes down my butt."

2.) Another kid at lunch: "Have you ever been to prison?"

3.) While at the pool, one 1st grader spent half an hour explaining to me the plot of a Captain Underpants book. Even when I ran off to tend to other kiddies, upon my return he would ask, "Do you want me to keep telling you the story?" How could I say no?

It's going to be an interesting summer.

1 comment:

Thursday said...

It's up to you to bring a little culture into their young lives.

"And now, kids, we're going to perform a play in the absurdist style. Everyone stand very still for the next 30 minutes. Look thoughtful. Or angry. Or sad. But do it while very, very still."