Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Workout Wear

I see the strangest things from my central desk here at Life Time Fitness. I see each and every person who enters the exercize floor, and what they're wearing. There's obviously the smattering of shorts, windbreaker panks, Champion wear, t-shirts, sports bras, tank tops, and don't forget the ever-popular sweatpants-that-were-chopped-just-a-smidge-too-short, and curve-hugging-spandex...remember, it's a privelage, not a right, people.

But I have seen people work out in far more interesting things...a pair of pinstripe pants and a golf polo, jeans that are just a tad too snug, or button down paisley flannel shirt cut off at the elbow paired with jean shorts.

How are people moving in these things?!? I wear, almost religiously, work out capri pants and an Old Navy tank. I suppose I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it, though. Maybe the paisley does something for your fat-burning potential.

2 comments:

Karl Boettcher said...

I once played a fine game of baseketball in a rented tux, which incidentally also makes great swimwear.

Morgan said...

That above comment coming from a man who I also caught wearing swimtrunks as underwear because he was running a little late on laundry. His sense of when to wear what is a little skewed from the start.

However, I have worked out in dress pants. You do what you gotta do when you haven't done laundry in a while. Up high, Karl.